Thursday, July 8, 2010

Independence Day


It's not like it was Valentine's Day. It was just an ordinary summer holiday. I wasn't spending it by myself like I did last year. I was out with a very large group of old friends and new friends. So why did I feel so lonely? Is that what true independence is? Loneliness? As a Christian, I believe we are called to live in community with one another. Does that include happy couples, newly marrieds, and young families? I often pray that the answer to that is "of course not". "Keep searching for singles to hang with." But somehow I don't imagine that's what the answer would be. So what does living in community look like for a single 30 something? I struggle every holiday to be happy with the life that I have. I struggle to be thankful and truly appreciate that I am exactly where God wants me.

No comments:

Post a Comment